“Ladders are the hazardous equipment which can kill you” do you believe it;
Whenever you are using the ladder yourself, ensure that you are using it safely, by following the safety procedures,
- Ensure the ladders are safe, free from defects and damages
- Do not use wooden ladders, which is painted or damaged
- Ensure yourself the ladders are with suitable strength and length for the type of job needed
- Check the Ground conditions are sound and capable of withstanding the load of you and ladder
- Do not use metal or aluminum ladders for the electrical works
- Never carry any tools and materials while climbing on the ladder
- Ensure the ladders are secured on both ends to prevent slip out
- Remember to extend the ladders minimum 3 feet above the stepping point to provide adequate handhold
- Position the ladder by following 1:4 ratio (75 degree)
- If you are using the ladders on vehicles passage ways; ensure the area is barricaded to prevent collision
- Before using the ladder checkout, the presence of overhead power lines and other hazards
- Do not over reach the ladder at any circumstance
- Face towards the ladder while ascending and descending
- Maintain always three points of contact while using the ladder.
- Do not carry any materials; if use of materials needed, use tools bag or any material transmission systems.
- If you found any defects in the ladder, report the condition immediately to the supervisor
- Never paint the ladder
- Use the anti-slippery shoes and other ppe as needed based on the job.