What does a safety specialist will Do???
Safety specialists are appointed by the employer similar like safety officer and safety engineer to manage the Health and safety issues of the industry.
If the industry is too small and comparatively running with minimal number of employees;
If the industry feels,they cannot afford a salary to safety specialists, they may go for outsourcing like "Health and safety consultants" for short period.
Safety specialists are the ultimate responsible for the "Health and safety Management system"
Safety specialists will device the Health and safety plans to control the principle hazards of the organisation.
They are the ultimate adviser for the organisation to take workplace precautions and risk controls.
Safety specialists will carryout Monthly or quarterly safety audits in the HSE Performance in order to identify the potential weakness in safety management systems and to develop the next plan to improve HSMS performance of the organisation.
- Identification of health and safety legal requirements applicable to the organisation
- Identification of training needs for the employee from the worker to the management staff
- Measuring the H&s performance level in a frequent interval
- Planning for safety inspection and Audit
- Ensuring that the Mandatory HSME Documents are recorded and maintained
- Ensuring that the incidents are reported and investigated etc.
Finally the safety specialists assist the management to fulfill the legal Requirements related to health and safety and to control the hazards and risks involving in the workplace effectively.